Monday, September 25, 2006

Do the Democrats have a real and credible plan for dealing with al Qaeda, Iraq, and homeland security?

In an email message to me yesterday, Howard Dean (or his email ghost-writer) informed me that:

You know that Democrats have a real plan for destroying Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda, fixing the mess in Iraq, and really securing us at home.

Actually, I don't know about any such plan. In fact, as supportive as I am of the Democrats, one of my big worries is that they don't have a plan.

Actually, they do have a plan, and here it is:

Elect us and everything will get better.

It's so simple, how could it go wrong?

The primary reason that I am so skeptical of anybody who says they have a "plan" for dealing with terrorism is that I am deeply convinced that nobody is even remotely close to having is clear understanding of the nature of the problem itself.

For the record, here is the Democratic plan as explained to me by Howard:

Democrats are going to reclaim American leadership with a tough, smart plan to transform failed policies in Iraq, the Middle East and around the world.

We will increase the size of Special Forces to destroy Osama Bin Laden and terrorist networks like al Qaeda. We will implement the bipartisan 9/11 Commission proposal to secure America's borders and ports and screen every container. And we will fully man, train, and equip our National Guard and our police, firefighters and other first responders.

That's it. Any questions?

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home