Sunday, August 27, 2006

Lieberman or Lamont: good luck to both

After discussing the merit of both Joe Lieberman and Ned Lamont, I somehow forgot the most important point I wanted to make, which is that I wish both of them good luck.

I sincerely hope -- actually, I expect -- that the voters in Connecticut show great wisdom and pick whichever of the two candidates for the U.S. Senate will best represent the interests of the citizens of Connecticut.

Pundits, commentators, experts, and others "in the know" may think they "know" who will be the "best" winner in any political race, but the most important thing is to let the voters decide. Some people actually aren't that committed to true democracy or the raw power of representation, but I do believe that it is the source of all social wisdom. Maybe not in the short run in an individual election, but over the long run it surely is.

Good luck to both of you.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home