Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hail to Barack Obama, a consummate pragmatic centrist

Virtually every single move that Barack Obama has made since he won the election can be categorized as indicating that we is a hard-core, pragmatic centrist, rather than the kind of starry-eyed left-wing idealistic Progressive that so many of his supporters claimed that he was. Rather than getting rid of "Clinton people", he seems quite intent on utilizing them at almost every turn. The latest was "news" that Eric Holder, Deputy Attorney General for Clinton, would be Barack's appointee for Attorney General.

I keep waiting for Barack to make some decisions that are not right in line with what Bill Clinton would have made or Hillary if she was in his shoes, but so far he is toeing the pragmatic centrist line in a very disciplined manner.

Unlike the presidential campaign when I did not feel that I could support him even though I was willing to vote for him as the lesser of two evils, I now feel comfortable saying that I support him, since the election.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home