Saturday, November 12, 2011

Employer-Based Health Insurance Continues to Trend Down

I just noticed this Gallup report from yesterday entitled "Employer-Based Health Insurance Continues to Trend Down" which notes that only 44.5% of Americans get health insurance from their employer. Gallup says this number has steadily declined since they started tracking it in 2008 (at 49.8% back then.)
 
To me this is further evidence that we need to Repeal Obamacare – and replace it with universal health care (with no fine print!).
 
The uninsured rate held steady at 17.3%.
 
The U.S. Census Bureau says there are 312.6 million people in the U.S. now, so that is 54 million uninsured. BTW, I am uninsured, but that is my personal preference and I could afford health insurance if I wanted it or felt I needed it. I am essentially self-insured.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home