Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sicko

The jury is still out as to whether I'll see Sicko, Michael Moore's new mock-documentary about our health care "crisis." After all, the gist of the "movie" has already been detailed in the media, so other than the "entertainment" value or the social experience of participating in Moore's ranting, what's left to see?

I would watch the movie if it was free and on the Web, but paying commercial movie admission for what is really a one-sided political and social commentary seems too obscene to me.

I almost saw it when I was in New York City a week ago, but my decision to skip it was facilitated by the simple fact that I would have had to wait two and a half hours for the next showing at the Lincoln Square theater on Manhattan's Upper West Side, which is definitely Michael Moore country. I opted to see You Kill Me starring Ben Kingsley and Tea Leoni instead, whcih definitely was more entertaining than I expected Moore's "film" would be.

Who knows, maybe I'll see it tomorrow at the Lincoln Square theater here in downtown Bellevue, WA. Or maybe not.

I simply don't feel comfortable paying my own money to participate in one of Michael Moore's political and social campaigns that misleadingly masquerades as a documentary. That's how I felt after I saw Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth. No more political and social commentary masquerading as either entertainment or documentary.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home